Watch Daddy Lau teach us how to make this Beef Chow Fun. I can personally vouch that my dad’s recipe is absolutely AMAZING!
JOIN THE CANTO COOKING CLUB
Develop the intuition and foundation to cook Cantonese food with exclusive classes from Daddy Lau!
Join the club: https://bit.ly/3l9fUvb
Check out our blog for an adjustable list of ingredients and step-by-step videos:
SUPPORT OUR CHANNEL
If you enjoy these videos and want to support us being able to continue creating content for many years to come, we’d love for you to consider becoming a patron of Made With Lau.
CONNECT WITH US
COOKWARE WE USE/LOVE
– Electric Burner: https://geni.us/electricburner
– Non-Stick Wok: https://geni.us/nonstickwok
– Carbon Steel Wok: https://geni.us/carbonsteelwok
– Non-Stick Pan: https://shrsl.com/305jb
– Carbon Steel Pan: https://shrsl.com/305j9
– Stainless Steel Skillet: https://shrsl.com/305j8
– Cookware Set: https://shrsl.com/305j7
– 8 Quart Pot: https://shrsl.com/305j6
– Cookware Collections: https://shrsl.com/305j5
– Pan Protector: https://shrsl.com/305j0
– Carbon Steel Seasoning Wax: https://shrsl.com/305iz
KNIVES WE USE/LOVE
– Dad’s 40 year old Chinese Chef Knife: https://geni.us/dadschefknife, https://geni.us/Vtjn
– Chef Knife: https://shrsl.com/305is
– Santoku Knife: https://shrsl.com/305iu
– Starter Knife Set: https://shrsl.com/305iw
– Sharpening Stone Set: https://shrsl.com/305iy
KITCHEN ACCESSORIES WE USE/LOVE
– Magnetic Knife Strip (storage): https://shrsl.com/305j3
– Cutting Board: https://shrsl.com/305j2
– Instant Read Thermometer #1: https://geni.us/bluetooththermometer
– Instant Read Thermometer #2: https://geni.us/wirelessthermometer
– Food Scale: https://geni.us/ourfoodscale
DAD’S SPECIAL INGREDIENTS
If you don’t live near an Asian market, you buy these online / on Amazon:
– Sesame Oil: https://geni.us/bPkD
– Handcrafted Soy Sauce: https://bit.ly/handcrafted-soysauce
– Light Soy Sauce: https://geni.us/h5GrZ
– Light Soy Sauce (Handcrafted): https://bit.ly/premiumlightsoysauce
– Dark Soy Sauce: https://geni.us/VIgg0
– Dark Soy Sauce (Handcrafted): https://bit.ly/premiumdarksoysauce
– Rice Cooking Wine: https://geni.us/ZHJK
– Premium Oyster Sauce: https://bit.ly/gfoystersauce, https://geni.us/BplS8
– Chili Oil: https://geni.us/DX1vm
– Hoisin Sauce: https://geni.us/lmBz0
– Chicken Bouillon: https://geni.us/2Eu7CU
– Shaoxing Cooking Wine: https://geni.us/M93Zer
Options for Vegetarian Oyster Sauce
Options for Gluten Free Oyster Sauce
Note: These links are affiliate links, which means that if you use our links to purchase these ingredients, our family earns a small amount for the sale – at no extra cost to you. If you use these links, we really appreciate the support!
Guga Foods: I tried BAKING SODA on 1 Steak and this happened!
Alec Steele: MAKING A MEAT TENDERISER WITH ALEX FRENCH GUY COOKING!!!
Angel Island – A Story of Chinese immigration
The Immigrants of Angel Island
00:00 – Start
00:11 – Intro
00:30 – Cut & wash beef
01:00 – Prepare vegetables
01:21 – How do I make this vegetarian?
01:45 – Create beef marinade
02:02 – Baking soda to tenderize meat
03:00 – Blog Callout
03:12 – Mix beef into marinade
04:34 – Prepare rice noodles
04:52 – History of chow fun
05:28 – How do you store the noodles so it stays fresh?
06:01 – Create chow fun sauce
06:28 – Final mix of beef with oil
07:01 – Stir-fry beef
08:16 – Stir-fry vegetables
08:38 – Add noodles
10:13 – Add chow fun sauce
11:05 – Add beef back in
11:40 – Taste test & plate
12:18 – Meal time!
12:25 – Did you have this growing up?
12:45 – Daddy Lau brings noodles
12:57 – What else are you planning to make with these noodles?
Learn more about the Lau family, and why we started this channel blog:
Produced by Grace Phan-Nguyen
Editing by Willard Chan
Chinese Subtitles by Arlene Chiu, David Loh
Intro Flute Music – Performed by Daddy Lau
Copyright Chillhop Music – https://chll.to/49e6fa9c
Copyright Chillhop Music – https://chll.to/4ca8cc15
Overhead Camera Rig built by P.Oak – https://www.instagram.com/p.oak.co/
Take the opportunity to connect and share this video with your friends and family if you find it useful.