– 5cm piece of ginger, sliced into small matchsticks
– 2 sticks lemongrass, cut into 3cm pieces and smashed
– 2 limes, sliced
– 1 whole fish, guts removed, and fins cut off (I used Red Emperor)
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– Salt to taste
– 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
– 1 red chilli, sliced
– 1 spring onion, sliced thin and greens split from the whites
– 3 tbsp light soy
– 2 tbsp yuzu juice (or 1 tbsp lime juice if you can’t find it)
– 1 tbsp mirin
– 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
1. Start by preparing the fish, make sure the cavity is clean and cut the fins off and score the flesh on both sides.
2. Then fill it with 1/2 the ginger, the lemongrass and the limes.
3. Place the fish onto an oiled tray and pour more oil over the top, season it with salt.
4. Place some more ginger on the top of the fish.
5. Roast the fish in the oven on 220****c-240****c for 20-25 minutes.
6. For the sauce, mix together the soy, yuzu and mirin.
7. Then, heat the grapeseed oil in a pot until it’s really hot.
8. Once the fish is cooked, place it onto the serving dish and put the spring onion whites, chilli, garlic and any ginger left on top.
9. Carefully pour over the hot oil and then pour over the sauce.
10. Garnish it with the green spring onions and she’s good to go!
11. Serve with some fried rice and enjoy!
Take the opportunity to connect and share this video with your friends and family if you find it useful.