This is an edited version of the original LIVE cooking class. Take the full version cooking class in your own kitchen:
More LIVE Virtual Cooking Classes
Digital Recipe Card
2 cups orzo
2 cloves garlic
2 scallion stalks
1 bunch asparagus
large handful fresh parsley
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
4 oz grated parmesan
1/2-3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled & deveined
Red chili flake, salt, pepper
2-4 cups arugula
1. Bring pot of water to a boil and cook orzo according to package instructions. While water comes to a boil, dice garlic, and chop asparagus and scallion.
2. Saute garlic, scallion and asparagus in a large pan with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Chop parsley.
3. Drain orzo when done cooking and add back to pot. Pour asparagus on top of orzo and add lemon juice, Parmesan and parsley, stirring to combine. Cover with lid.
4. In same pan you cooked asparagus, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil and add shrimp. Season with salt, pepper, red chili flake and remaining lemon. Shrimp only need a few minutes per side.
5. Place handful of arugula into bowl and top with orzo and shrimp. Enjoy!
Take the opportunity to connect and share this video with your friends and family if you find it useful.