PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST: http://bit.ly/418RVvR
THANKS FOR WATCHING!
Visit my blog at https://thebusybaker.ca/ for more healthy and delicious recipes!
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
CHECK OUT OUR E-COOKBOOKS: https://shop.thebusybaker.ca/
️ Sign-up for our FREE No-Fail Guide to the Perfect Easy Holiday Meal e-course: https://bit.ly/3HfqxlB
Carrot Cake Roll Recipe
* 3 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 3 eggs at room temperature
* 2 cups finely shredded carrots
* 3/4 cup all purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 cup powdered sugar for dusting the towel
For the frosting:
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
* 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature (1/2 cup)
* 3 cups powdered sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1-2 tbsp heavy cream optional, depending on frosting consistency
* 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
* Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) and prepare a jelly roll pan by greasing it well and lining the bottom with a piece of parchment paper. It’s also a good idea to grease the top of the parchment paper.
* Cream the room-temperature butter in a mixing bowl with the sugars and vanilla using a hand mixer until the mixture is soft and creamy.
* Add the eggs one at a time and incorporate them well after each addition.
* Add the shredded carrots and mix with a spatula.
* Add the flour, spices, salt and baking powder and mix just until everything is incorporated.
* Pour the batter into the prepared jelly roll pan and spread it out to the edges being careful to spread the batter as evenly as possible. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) for about 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
* As the cake bakes, dust powdered sugar generously over a clean kitchen towel creating a rectangle shape, slightly larger than your jelly roll pan.
* Immediately after taking the cake out of the oven, line a cooling rack with parchment paper and place it upside down on top of the hot cake before inverting. Invert it again so the cake is face down on top the kitchen towel over the powder sugar. Peel off the parchment paper from the bottom of the cake.
* Roll the cake with the towel inside the roll as well, from the narrow end while it’s hot from the oven. Don’t roll it too tightly or aggressively, but the cake should be firmly rolled with no space on the inside of the roll.
* Let the carrot cake cool, rolled, turning it several times throughout the cooling process so that it keeps a round shape and doesn’t flatten on one side only.
The rest of the recipe for the frosting and the assembly: http://bit.ly/3nPjtrP
Instant Pot Duo 6QT: https://amzn.to/3rHNlG8
Kitchen Aid Hand Mixer: https://amzn.to/3oKW34p
Le Creuset Dutch Oven Pot: https://amzn.to/3rMrMnY
Cast Iron Skillet: https://amzn.to/3rIUOEI
Baking Sheet Pan: https://amzn.to/3uGND1X
Springform Cake Tin: https://amzn.to/3rMtg1w
Cutting Board Set: https://amzn.to/3sDWmzh
Mixing Bowl Set: https://amzn.to/3LG4rwb
Balloon Whisk: https://amzn.to/3rJU2r3
Spatula Set: https://amzn.to/3oIyTvJ
Garlic Press: https://amzn.to/3rMt6XY
Instant Read Thermometer: https://amzn.to/3BeC1Vb
OUR FAVOURITE KITCHEN ITEMS & PROPS:
️ Kitchen towels:
️ Dishes & Ceramics:
️ Cookware and props:
️ Shop my Amazon Store (with ALL my favourite kitchen products!)
OUR PHOTOGRAPHY/VIDEOGRAPHY GEAR:
Canon 90D: https://amzn.to/3HfcU6G
Canon 6D Mark II: https://amzn.to/3uidzR1
50mm Lens: https://amzn.to/3GiwAVW
Photography lens: https://amzn.to/3uiDQis
Video/Photography lens: https://amzn.to/3Hj10sl
Light stand: https://amzn.to/3ocDaab
Video/photography light: https://amzn.to/3gcxvwy
**The Busy Baker is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.**
Take the opportunity to connect and share this video with your friends and family if you find it useful.