Sweet chilli jam is a delicious and versatile condiment that adds a spicy kick to any dish! This homemade version is easy to make and perfect for adding to sandwiches, burgers, or even drizzling over roasted vegetables.
How to make Sweet Chilli Jam
Sweet Chilli Jam
• Prep Time: 15 mins.
• Cooking Time: 1 hour.
• Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins.
Serves: 3 x 370g Jars.
• 4 Large Red Peppers.
• 4 Red Chillies.
• 1 Red Onion.
• 2 Garlic Cloves.
• 1-inch piece of Fresh Root Ginger, grated.
• 1 tin (400g/14 oz) of Tomatoes.
• 1 ¾ cup 2 tbsp (400g/14 oz) Sugar.
• ½ cup 2 tbsp (150ml5 floz) Red Wine Vinegar.
1. Chop up the peppers, chillies (no seeds), red onion, garlic and grate the ginger.
2. Place in a food processor and add in the tin of tomatoes, blitz for 2 minutes . You may need to do this in two stages depending on the size of your food processor.
3. Pour into a large saucepan and add in the sugar and red wine vinegar.
4. Stir well before placing on medium heat and simmering for 1 hour. Stir often so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
5. The mixture will reduce and thicken up.
6. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for about 15 minutes before pouring into sterilized jars.
7. Mmm, Scrummy!!!
• Add 1-2 extra chillies to give the sweet chilli jam that extra kick.
• To sterilize jars: Preheat the oven to:
Gas Mark 3.
Wash the jars and lids in hot soapy water and rinse but don’t dry them.
Place the jars onto a baking tray and into the oven for 10 minutes. Make sure to use sterilized equipment when filling the jar with jam, to prevent contamination and to extend the shelf life of the jam. Tighten the lid and store in a cool, dark place.
• Once the jar has been opened it will keep in the refrigerator for 1 month.
• Chilli jam will keep for up to 1 year as long as you have sterilized the jars properly and sealed them firmly. Store the jam in a cool, dark place.
Take the opportunity to connect and share this video with your friends and family if you find it useful.