PRINT the recipe: https://bit.ly/3SGcVq1
SUBSCRIBE for more great videos! http://bit.ly/WyseGuide
Like my page on Facebook: http://bit.ly/WyseGuideFB
Visit my website: https://www.wyseguide.com/
Check me out on Instagram: http://bit.ly/WyseGuideIG
00:44 Preparing the beef
02:32 Preparing the vegetables
05:27 Adding back the beef and cooking
07:53 Cooking the noodles
08:58 Adding everything together
10:17 Tasting the recipe
– 3 lb chuck roast
– 2 tsp kosher salt
– 1 tsp black pepper
– 2 tbsp neutral oil
– 3 carrots, diced
– 2 ribs celery, diced
– 1 small onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 sprigs fresh thyme
– 1 bunch fresh parsley
– 8 cups beef stock
– 1 lb egg noodles
– Preheat the oven to 350F.
– Salt and pepper the roast on all sides. Add neutral oil to a 6-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Sear the roast in the hot oil until well browned on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side. Once browned, remove the roast and set it aside.
– Add the carrots, celery, and onion to the Dutch oven. Sauté the vegetables until they are softened and beginning to brown, 4-6 minutes. Add the garlic and stir. Cut off the stems of the parsley and set the leaves aside. Using butcher’s twine, tie the parsley stems with the thyme sprigs. Place the bundle in the Dutch oven and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
– Pour in the beef stock and place the roast in the stock. Cover the Dutch oven and place it in the preheated oven. Cook the roast until the meat is tender and easily pulls apart with a fork, 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
– Once the meat is cooked, remove the roast from the stock along with the packet of herbs. Bring the stock to a simmer over medium heat and add the noodles. Cook the noodles to al dente, adding up to 1 cup additional water if needed. Unlike traditionally cooked noodles in a large pot of water, this recipe cooks the noodles in just enough liquid, hence the need for more water. While the noodles are cooking, shred the roast into bite-size pieces. When the noodles are cooked any remaining liquid should be thickened and the consistency of a sauce.
– Add the shredded beef to the noodles, sprinkle with chopped parsley leaves, and serve.
#recipe #beef #dinner #meal
Take the opportunity to connect and share this video with your friends and family if you find it useful.