– 1 lbs macaroni
– 4 oz cream cheese
– 4 cups heavy cream
– 2 tsp salt ( start off with 1 tsp, taste, and adjust to preference)
– 2 tsp white pepper
– 2 tsp paprika
– 2 tsp garlic powder
– 2 tsp onion powder
– 1/2 cup pasta water
– 8 tbsp butter
– Handful minced garlic (garlic to your preference)
– 1 minced shallot
– 3 tbsp flour
– 8 oz freshly grated cheddar (sharp or mild)
– 8 oz freshly grated Gruyère ( or pepper jack)
– 8 oz freshly grated white cheddar
– Grab a pot & add heavy cream, cream cheese, and seasonings. Simmer on low heat while you prepare the rest of your dish. Don’t not let it simmer for too long, we just want to warm it up before we add it to our roux
– In a separate pot, bring a pot of water to a boil, add in your pasta and a Hefty pinch of salt, and boil until el dente. Save 1/2 cup of your pasta water!
– Drain your pasta and set to the side while you start on your sauce.
– (On low to medium heat) In the same pot that you boiled your pasta in, add in your butter and sauté your minced garlic and shallot for 2-4 minutes
– Now, add in your flour and continue to stir until it develops a beautiful light golden color (don’t allow it to get too deep in color) – then add in your simmered heavy cream mixture! (Make sure it’s still nice and warm, this will prevent your sauce from splitting) and your pasta water!
– Stir in your heavy cream mixture and pasta water in well, then you can add in all of your freshly grated cheeses (prepackaged shredded cheese won’t give you the same flavor or look) mix until melted and creamy
– This is also where you can taste your sauce and see if you’d like to add any more of whatever seating!
– Once your sauce is done, you can now add in your cooked pasta and stir until well coated!
– Grab the baking dish you’d like to serve your pasta in, and a layer of your Mac a layer of cheese another layer of Mac and another layer of cheese:)
– Bake ( 350f) until your satisfied with how golden and toasted your top layer of cheese becomes (mine took about 10 min) can take up 20 min
– Top with scallions if you’d like
– And you’re done:,)
Take the opportunity to connect and share this video with your friends and family if you find it useful.